Friday 22 July 2011

Day 2: London to Paris!!

22/07/2011

Woo Hoo! So today I went overseas!!
Woke up at 4:45am (!!) I was soooo tired but sooooo EXCITED!!

After getting my case weighed we had a 2 hour drive to Dover, 1 and a half hours on the ferry to Calais, then a 4-5 hour drive to PARIS!

The journey wasn't bad at all! I've enjoyed meeting new people, and haven't got lost yet!!

I'm staying at the Etap hotel in Paris, really happy with the room and even happier that I stay here for 2 nights!

We had dinner at Le Sultan restaurant right next to the hotel. Not very nice to be honest, some bland chicken leg with rice and lettuce lol. But it was an included meal so I'm not complaining!!

We then went on an 'illuminated' tour of Paris - supposed to be by night but it was still bright outside! We saw the Arc de Triomphe, drove along the Champs-Elysees, saw the Opera Garnier, the River Sen (if that's how its spelt!), the bridge with all of the locks on it, and loads of other stuff I can't remember!

And then we went to the Eiffel Tower and WENT UP IT! :) it was AMAZING!! We went scary high!!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment